Search This Blog

Sunday, November 26, 2006

#33 Second Annual Birthday Flight

And...Boy was it a tough one !
I tried three reverses a forward and another reverse before I finally got off. During the reverses I wasn't releasing the A's soon enough and then I would turn before the wing was stabilized. AND the forward wasn't any better...it seemed like no matter what I did the wing would come up to the side or I wasn't able to get moving fast enough etc.
After half a dozen failed attempts Monte and John landed and Monte said, "Come On you've got to get up on your birthday. So with Monte's encouragement I tried one more time and and made a successful reverse launch.
I'd let my leg straps be as loose as ever and had a heck of a time getting into the seat. The wire on the north end of the field was coming up so I turned to the west and as soon as I cold let go of the brakes and used both hands. The landing was not pretty...I flared too soon and did a partial face plant.... no injury to body or machine.
Happy Birthday to Me !

No comments: