Search This Blog

Friday, August 22, 2008

Balloon Festival 08 Media Day







Slept out on the boat last night. Got up at 5 and was at the Port in plenty of time to find a set up and get to the pilots briefing at 6. I was warmly greeted by Jim Hill the safety officer who introduced me to the FAA guy.
The launch was kinda downwind in very light breeze. I had to dodge a truck and climb out between a bunch of trees but it was all good. John Sieb flew all the way from South Park.
I Didn't get very close to the Balloons but stayed clear and watched John fly low all the way up into the foothills. The FAA guy and RMBF safety officer let me get off during the mass launch. Later I saw the FAA guy and he had no complaints.
The dinner is tonight at 6pm which is great because I will be able to attend. I thought I was going to miss it due to my sister's 50 b-day party. Three pilots will be comming up from the Springs and I look foreward to spending some time with them.




No comments: