Search This Blog

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Monument Valley 09 Wed

Wednesday


I left Denver at 10am and arrived at Monument Valley just at dark. I could have been there sooner except that I stopped to catch up with Steve Katers in Glenwood Springs. Ten years of making this drive representing the bike industry has made it hard to just power drive straight on through, there are just too many friends to catch up with! The mountains are spectacular, Indian summer is happening all over ! It's dry and warm and colorful! Luc and my Russian friend "Crazy" Ivan, were already set-up at the upper tent site. Luc had fixed some pasta for himself and his father and graciously shared it with me. My favorite place overlooking the "Big Indian"was open... so I backed the truck between two Greek Olive trees to unload. When I was backing in, Luc shouted "Joe is the first pilot in the trees". I didn't understand at the time and thought he was making a joke, but later... when I was covering the buggy for the night, I discovered that I had caught the cage on a branch and bent it pretty badly. The buggy wasn't flyable. I was heartbroken and spent the night thinking I was grounded for the duration of the Fly-In.

No comments: