Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bill & Joe's Most Excellent Adventure Day 1



The sail from Puerto Rico to Key West is considered a milk run. Steady easterly Trade Winds make for a gentle down wind sail. Usually...
I left Denver at 0100 hours and arrived at San Juan International at 1300 hours local. Bill picked me up and after stopping at Wal Mart for provisions we drove east to the largest marina in the Caribbean, Puerto Del Rey. It was not what I expected, there were lots of boats and it's a huge marina but... very few people. I got the impression this was a place where people park their boat between passages. After stowing our stuff we went out for dinner. It was my only taste of Puerto Rico and I vowed to come back someday. It had been a long day and I was glad to crawl into my berth. Tomorrow we leave.



No comments: