Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

#420 Simms

Simms... Good Flight... Tough Launch ... I'm going to have to find a place that is smoother or cut some weeds! The reserve got snagged pulling one pin and opening the front half of the container. I spotted it right after launch and closed the velcro but it was not a good thing! Chip and I rethreaded it later that evening and I was happy to see that the chute will not need to be repacked but I will need to spend some time picking the weed and seeds out of the velcro.






I flew for an hour at Red Rocks Amphitheater and was headed back to the field. Even though it was 70 degrees on the ground I was getting chilled from flying in the shadows. And so...I'm hightailing east chasing the sun and there right in front of me was Chip who had just taken off. Well this was fun... we danced in the sky for the first time in a long while. I'm reminded of the time we were West of Chatfield and confronted by a News chopper. I turned tail and ran for cleaner air while Chip charged right at the chopper kind of like young Saint Bernard. Our flying styles haven't changed, tonight I was content to float above and take pictures while he put on a beautiful show above the lake. Lots of freeflight in that boy... nice smooth diving turns and hard banking spirals.



The sun set... I was cold and Mr. Lutke's CT Marvel was running on fumes. Time to go home! The landing was nice, there was just enough breeze to slow way down and when I touched , I could hardly feel it. Seriously nice... Chip stayed up till the approaching darkness forced him down. Typical free flight guy, he boated around the field for 5 minutes before setting up to land.





You meet the best people 500 feet above the earth!





No comments: