Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

Trike has mid air with balloon



I will let the experts analyze this incident.  I was disapointed and revolted by the bashing from all quarters of the paraflying community.  I will say this.... I knew the pilot and flew with him and his son at the "Gathering".  He was a healthy and mature pilot with a good conservative attitude toward flying.  While at first blush it is easy to assume the accident was the cause of careless or reckless flying, I prefer to believe that it was "just one of those things that could have happened to any one of us.  Of course mistakes were made but flying with other craft in the air adds risk.  If the pilot had more hours it might not have happened but all of us have been in situations that could have ..... should have bit us in the ass.

Thank God no one was killed

More later

No comments: