Search This Blog

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Abort .... Abort ... Abort

 This was one of those dumb incidents
that should have been avoided






The wing came up crooked and I tried to recover.  I was pulling it just above the ground and reached the A's and got it back overhead. When it was stable I powered up and noticed it was rolling rough and I was surprised at how bumpy the ride was... the wheel was probably wobbling.  I got some lift and floated back down when I touched the trike yawed and quickly rolled.  I think the bearing rubbed against the axle connection and trashed right away, slowing the trike.  I used a little brake to get off and didn't have enough speed causing the trike to come back down on the bad wheel.  The lines got into the prop and chewed one blade pretty bad.  Mike is going to be able to receive it Tue. evening.  With luck I'll be back in the air soon.



No comments: