Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

#539 Saint Mary's

I woke before dawn and noticed that the weather prediction of 10 to 12 mp winds was wrong.  It was warm and calm.  I had given up on flying last night and never ...ever ...fly.... unless I go to bed , with the plan to get up and fly.  I wasn't convinced but I went through the motions and pulled on my flying clothing.  20 minutes later I was at Saint Mary's field where it was calm enough to launch in almost any direction.  I set - up facing toward Boulder road and launched the Eden III without any problems.  However this is still not a good LZ.  My climb was slow and I flew over a bunch of lines at Boulder Road that would have grabbed me for sure Had my motor failed.  I'm going to have to be very carefull about flying here.  The air was pretty good ... there was some mixing going on but not too bad.  I wasn't 100% probably since it has been so long since I've flown.  But, it was a nice flight and I GOT MY FIX.

No comments: