Search This Blog

Saturday, November 7, 2015

846 ... Might as well go for a flight.


This morning at 4:47am, my darling bride woke up smelling gasoline.  Fearing for our safety, she prudently woke me up so we could search out the toxic fumes that would  snuff our lives if not discovered.
No obvious culprits presented themselves.  I opened the sliders and we moved to the garage thinking perhaps a fuel can had spilled.    I had my doubts but Dawn was sure the cause of the odor was coming from the bed of my truck.  
Well... There was nothing else to do, I opened the garage and rolled the truck under a clear, calm pre-dawn Sky.  With the offending vehicle out of the house the danger was past, so, Dawn went back inside, and hopefully.....back to bed.  
I climbed up into the back of the truck and checked for a gas spill.  After all,  I had a brand new wing and I'd hate to damage it.
An exhaustive search turned up nothing.  No gas .... No oil ... Just my Paramotor and me under the Stars.  Did I mention that the air was calm and that the sun would be rising soon?  
Total flight time 105 minutes.  
The flight was great.  Unlike yesterday, I had my lucky camera ready to go and even though the wind was out of the East, there was enough of a southerthly element for me to set-up  for a crosswind launch on the runway.   I flew East 9 miles with the trim out and came back crabbing 45 degrees off the wind.

Damn that was nice of her.  Looking out for our safety like that.....
All the way home I thought about rigging something that would emit a strong gas smell about 90 minutes prior to sunrise.  You know..... Something Wireless.


No comments: