Search This Blog

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Monument Valley 931

I picked up Dawn at the Albuquerque Airport at 10:00.  It was a beautiful day and drive to Monument Valley.  This was the first time I'd driven in from the South.  We spotted Ship Rock from miles away, it took 20 minutes to get there and as we passed it I began to see the Monuments.
After checking in I headed down to the field and launched my first flight of the new Gathering.  It wasn't an  especially long flight and I didn't go for altitude.  It was enough to to fly out over the desert and circle back behind the campground, probably 40 minutes.  That night we ate at the restaurant then chilled at the casita.  Our accommodations this year are super.  It's called the hill house and it sits on the Southern wall of the canyon overlooking the entire area.   It's not one of the brand new casitas but it's prime real estate.

No comments: