Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

#177 South Park ! over flight of home



I noticed that they have finally mowed South Park. So..last night, I went out and kited the 26 meter waiting for the wind to come down...it didn't.

This morning I woke without the alarm and was at the field by 6. Light wind from the SW and an easy launch. It was a bit disconcerting because there are so many structures and so few emergency landing sites...and wires everywhere! I circled the field until I was at 1000 feet and then flew east to my house. The wind was definitely stronger aloft but since I was going cross wind it went fairly fast. I took a couple of pictures of the house and turned back to the field.

I was planning to fly over to Vivien's but there were two white vehicles blocking my truck at the field and from a distance they sure looked official! I spiraled down and took two passes at the LZ before I was in a good glide slope and then landed in the middle of the field. The vehicles turned out to be a couple of guys wanting to learn more which was a relief but it did cut the flight short.

No comments: