Search This Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2008

179 & 180

#179 & 180 July 26th 2008
Simms
Two flights. It was nice to have the GPS and tach back. The air was humid and light fog was on the hills. As expected the take off run was longer than usual but it was very smooth once in the air. The screw-up of the day was when I took of without my helmet. About 20 minutes into the flight I felt my hat fly off. I immediately started a turn but I was never able to see the cap or where it went down. The funning thing was that I remembered saying to myself …”Damn you forgot to put on your sunglasses” …No I didn’t they were on the top of my favorite Mount Gay Hat. I dropped down and looked but no JOY.
The landing was great! I used more power and got deep into the brakes. I’m going to practice and learn the low and slow!
The second flight was short and mostly to practice the landings…It was ok but not as good as the first.

No comments: