Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bummer .... Busted

#513

I knew it was too good to be true.  I had an LZ less than a minute from my front door.  I could land and "power kite" right back to my house.  Well after a beautiful 30 minute flight I was decending to the field when I saw a police cruiser parking by the truck.  It took a couple of laps before I was able to set up for landing and even then I was lifted by the upslope breeze and came in 100 yards east of the truck.  I could have pushed it and approached between a couple of trees but this wouldn't have been a good time to showboat.

The officer was friendly and polite but informed me that the Town of Louisville had an ordinance making it illegal to fly over the city limits.  My field is just inside... Damn!  I'm sure that I will be able to overfly the Mesa area but I'm going to have to find a new field.

Just inside of the city


No comments: