Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Powered Paragliding ... My New Home Field

This is the way is is supposed to be!  I woke with the dawn, had a cup of java and loaded the rig.  2 minutes later I was unloading at my new field.  Thanks to Buz it had been freshly mowed and cleared,  this was as good or better than launching at Titan.  The wind was light from the south and other than a few straw bales to avoid, there was plenty of room.  The launch was fast but smooth.  When the surface is good, this trike can roll. 
Wow! What a great site, Boulder to the West, the mesa below and lots of good scenery...  country estates, ponds and lakes, and the flat tops.    Best of all ... plenty of alternate LZs if I got in trouble.  I stayed up about an hour first at 1000 feet and then some low and slow over the mesa.  To finish off, I buzzed the neighborhood and landed downwind facing the truck.  It was no problem to let the wing fly and "Power Kite", back to the truck.









No comments: