Search This Blog

Thursday, June 20, 2013

646 VB


Good morning.
There was absolutely no wind when I got to the field, so I set-up and while I was at the truck putting on my helmet the wind came.  I was on the South East corner and it was 3 mph from the South West.  DAMN.
I re-bagged the wing and motored over to the other end of the field where I had a perfectly nice launch.
There was one balloon high in the South so I held the throttle down and climbed to meet him.  At 600 feet I powered through a layer and continued to climb.  At 1500 feet I encountered another layer and after climbing for several minutes it only got worse so I bailed on the intercept and descended towards Boulder Reservoir.  The winds were increasing from the South and when I got to the beach I was barely penetrating. There was very little activity compared with yesterday and I saw the balloon was starting to descend so I turned back toward Vance Brand and was over the runway in no time flat.  I made a couple of passes at the ballon and landed.  Nice Day  Next stop is Rio Puerco.

No comments: