Search This Blog

Saturday, September 12, 2009

#348 & #349 Chatfield

This was an evening that just didn't gel.
Conditions were good, light winds warm temp. It looked to be a perfect evening but I wasn't comfortable in the air. My first launch looked like hell. As soon as I left the earth, the wing ( 28m Eden III ), was pulled hard to the left and then to the right. As I gained altitude it got bumpier and after a few laps around the field I landed. The second flight was a repeat of the first. I got the impression that no matter where I went ...it was going to be turbulent.
Greg and Marek on the other hand stayed below 100 feet and they found the air to be just fine. I watched Greg yank and bank, practice swoops and dives and I just couldn't figure why I found it to be so ratty.
The gradient had me beat.

No comments: